Long-Term Project Management
Whether you’re planning a new affordable housing development or undertaking the rehabilitation of an existing property, we can partner with you to provide valuable project management assistance during the pre-development and construction phases of your project. Before one shovel of dirt is turned, we prepare timelines and establish target dates for reaching significant project milestones. We can lead or assist with the selection of a highly qualified design team and then coordinate and direct the activities of the architect and other technical consultants to keep the project focused during the design phase.
Our experience in long-term property management and budgeting, along with our knowledge of maintenance and operational requirements for multi-family housing, is especially beneficial during preliminary project design. By considering these issues early in the design process, we help our partners avoid costly mistakes and be confident that the final project can be efficiently operated and maintained. In addition, we guide projects through planning and zoning review and the often complex process of public agency approvals. We review final construction and bid documents, pre-qualify contractors and assist in evaluation and selection of the right contractor.
Our Construction and Maintenance Services (CMS) group provides construction management and owner representation services for our own properties and for a wide variety of outside clients and organizations. CMS draws on our broad range of expertise – including in-house property managers, developers, architects and contractors – to enable us to provide comprehensive construction or rehabilitation services that carry throughout the budget, design and construction processes.
We provide a full complement of project management and professional construction services to our Partners:
- Project planning, design and feasibility studies
- Preparation of cost estimates, financing and budget analysis and projection
- Licensing and governmental agency liaison and coordination
- Architectural and consulting engineering services
- Review of contract drawings and documents
- Value engineering study and analysis
- Bid and contract review and coordination
- Owners construction representative
- Professional service contract management with independent architects and engineers
- Liaison with lenders and financing agencies
- Project and construction budget management
- Construction administration and monitoring
- Post construction warranty, maintenance and as-built support